Residency 10 – February 2021 | Sinking Sideways
Company Sinking Sideways visiting ehrenfeldstudios from 08. – 14.02.2021
Sinking Sideways, that’s Xenia Bannuscher (DE) und Dries Vanwalle (BE). Both graduated as dance acrobats from the Circus department of the Codarts University of the Arts in Rotterdam (NL) in July 2020. Sinking Sideways is working at the crossroad of circus and dance. Dries’ background lies in circus, Xenias lies in dance. And their discipline is inspired by both of these art forms.
Our first creation called René is based around one movement, which is repeated time and again. There’s two bodies in space, continuously moving in sync, staying in one rhythm at all times, never standing still. We invite the audience to follow our movement, discover it new every time, to let themselves in on all the details. We want to share our process and our outcome openly with the viewers, we want to invite them to see our struggles and our fascination.
René will premier in October 2021 in Kortrijk (BE) with PERPLX festival.
CircusDanceFestival Residency Program Summer 2020 started in August, including work-in-progress showings
All information about the residency program and the artists* can be found here
- Roman Skadra, Work in progress Showing on 16.8. at 15:00 @ehrenfeldstudios (unfortunately cancelled due to short-term changes in the specifications for protection against corona)
- Overhead Project, Work in progress Showing on 15.8. at 13:00 @TPZAK Cologne
- Erin Skye, Work in progress Showing on 20.8. at 14:00 @TPZAK Cologne
- Maria Madeira and Laura Schönlau, Work in progress Showing on 1.9. at 16:00 @ehrenfeldstudios
- Cie kraD Arachnur, Work in progress Showing on 11.9. at 16:00 @TPZAK Cologne